Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thoughts of a father

I sit here thinking about the past years as a father and my life has been filled with ups and downs both with health issues as well as marital and spiritual issues. As I look at Abigail I cant help but to think about Gods love for us and how he must view us as our heavenly father. Just the other day I was working on the house and I left the ladder out and had to get another tool and when I went to the ladder after getting the tool I noticed Abigail climbing the ladder which scared me but also made me proud that she was growing up. the part that was scared was that she would fall and hurt her self. The proud part was that she is growing up and taking steps to become a Godly woman.

As I sit here thinking about Abigail and her future as well as Gods love for us I think of his promise that was made in Hebrews 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, " I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,". Now I am reminded of Gods Promise that he will never leave nor forsake us. And as a father I know that I will never leave nor forsake Abigail and I pray that I am man enough to share Gods love and his great promise with those that I work with.

1 comment:

  1. This is great hun!!! We are both so lucky to have you in our lives!!!

    ReplyDelete