Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Father's Wishes

As a father i have alot of wishes for my children the ones born and unborn. i have fond memories of my life with abigail from the time that we brought her home from the hospital, to her first step, to her walking i am really honored to have been choosen by God to raise a wonderful child and one so special.

I have found that being a father is an amazing responsibility on one hand i have my daughter looking at me for wisdom and my wife looking at me for guidence in the family. i find it sometimes a heavy burden to carry when i have such responsibility to Be a leader in Christ's own image. My Challange to all reading this is that wheather you are a parent or not you have an amazing responsibility for helping the children around you grow in the image of Jesus Christ. The lord has given us these little ones to love and to train in his ways. my challenge is to love those children spent time with your children and Be a Godly example to your children

When i think on this subject a verse comes to mind and it is Ephesians 6:4 (New American Standard Bible)
4
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.


So Lets Follow the instruction of the Lord.

1 comment: